Skip to table of contents

Skip to main content

2.9.9 - Request for Leave of Absence

Students may request a leave of absence from their graduate studies for up to but not to exceed 12 consecutive months (three consecutive academic terms). Leave of absence has no effect on time limits for expected graduation. The student should complete the ‘Student Leave Request’ form found on the Admissions and Records website. The request must be approved by the student’s graduate advisor, department chair, and Graduate Dean. Students on probationary status, if granted a leave of absence, will resume their probationary status upon return from their leave. Students receiving financial aid may be required to return a portion of the aid. They must check with their financial aid officer.

Return to top